Birkenhead School is inspected regularly by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI)
to ensure that highest standards of education and child development are being achieved and maintained.
The Independent Schools Inspectorate inspects schools according to a framework that has been agreed with the DfES and OFSTED. This ensure that standards are maintained and that schools comply with all relevent legal requirements.
The Inspection Reports for Birkenhead School can be accessed via the links below.
The above report includes the Early Years Foundation Stage Inspection completed in November 2017.
Highlights of the above report include:
- The overall effectiveness of the Early Years provision is outstanding
- Exciting learning opportunities and dedicated and nurturing staff ensure that children make good, and at times rapid, progress relative to their starting points and are carefully prepared for transition into the next stage of learning.
- Children are exceptionally happy and secure in the setting benefitting from the strong bonds they form with their key workers and other staff in the room.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is outstanding.
- Staff provide high quality learning experiences for the children to meet their next steps.
- Where children are identified as exceeding expectations, staff utilise other resources in the setting to provide challenge and promote further learning. Skilled staff seize opportunities to extend children’s thinking through child initiated and focussed group activities.
- Children’s well-being is a strength of the setting. Staff form warm, secure relationships with the children in their care and as a result, young children are happy and show high levels of confidence and enjoyment.