Career Support is tailored and matched to individual student career ambitions.
Students in the sixth form are given the opportunity to attend a range of subject-specific talks and courses to help inform career choices and are supported by the Head of Careers.
In 2018 we launched our Conference Programme which brings key speakers and leading professionals within their fields, alumni and current students together to offer valuable insights and networking opportunities in a range of careers and professions.
- Healthcare Conference
- Engineering & Technology
- Media & Arts
Other examples of talks and events attended by Sixth Form students include:
- Medilink residential course held at the University of Nottingham
- Intromed, based at the Wirral hospitals, a five-day non-residential course
- Vet Medilink residential course held at the University of Nottingham
- Pathways to the Legal Profession in conjunction with the Liverpool Law Society
- Physiotherapy Awareness Days held at the Countess of Chester
- Information Days held at universities
The above list is not exhaustive and opportunities will actively be sought once the students’ aspirations are discussed and reviewed.
There are also an increasing number of Degree Apprenticeships available in the UK. These offer a vocational and practical qualification that results in students receiving a high-class degree and three years of real life, real workplace training. These are very competitive and offer a real alternative for students who are highly motivated.