Whilst parenting is often lauded as the most satisfying job in the world, unlike most day jobs, it doesn’t come with a Job Description or manual. Parenting can be frustrating, concerning, joyful and inspiring all at once.
We take great pride in the commitment to our community, sharing in the joys and frustrations of watching our young people emerge from the Sixth Form on results day as caring, curious and excited young men and women and, with this in mind, we set up a Parent Seminar Programme.
As part of the programme, we invite guest speakers, experts in their field, to share with us knowledge and experience that may help us guide and support our children.
Recent speakers have included:
• Mark Ellis - Author of Digitox
• Karl Hopwood – E-Safety Expert
• Jeremy Thomas – Mental Health Speaker
• Allison Harvey – Co-Author of ‘Sex, Likes and Social Media – Talking to our Teens in the Digital Age’ and co-founder of the RAP Project
• Alicia Drummond – Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapist and author of ‘Why Every Teenager Needs a Parrot’