Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right as it provides the foundation for children to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
The Early Years Foundation Stage is the framework that provides that assurance:
- It sets the standards for learning, development and care that young children should experience.
- It provides for equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice ensuring that every child is included.
- It creates the framework for partnership working between parents and professionals and between all the settings that your child attends.
- It helps improve quality and consistency in the early years sector through a universal set of standards.
- It lays the foundation for future learning that plans around the individual needs and interests of the child.
Across Early Years (Nursery, Pre-Prep and Reception), we uphold the principles of Fundamental British Values.
We actively demonstrate these values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs, by implicitly embedding them in our daily routine and in the care and education we provide.
A child's experience in the early years has a major impact on their future life chances.